Studio provides a heart system for the campaign which allows you to control the number of times that users can play the game.
When enabled, every time users play game they need to spend a “heart”.
The heart can be replenished after a time of your choice.
Note: you can set the replenish time to a very big value so that it cannot be replenished at all, so you can control how many times that users can play the game in the whole campaign period.
You can enable the heart system for your campaign by following the steps below:
1. Go to Studio website https://studio.brandedminigames.com/ and log in with your account.
Note: if you don’t have an account yet, please check this article.
2. On the top menu bar, select the “Dashboard” button to go to the campaign dashboard.
3. Find the campaign which you want to enable the heart system and select it.
4. You will be led to the Game Settings page of the campaign, in here, select the drop arrow in the “Game Configurations” section.
5. Toggle the “Use Heart(Game Life) System” control to ON.
6. There are 3 options which you can configure:
- Initial Amount: define how many hearts given when a user first plays; it also defines the maximum heart which a user can have.
- Refresh Time (min): define how often the hearts will be newly added by minutes, up to the maximum value as “Initial Amount”.
- Increase Amount: define how many hearts will be added in every “Refresh Time”.
E.g. as in the sample screenshot above, in the campaign:
- User will have 5 hearts (Initial Amount) when he plays the game for the first time.
- Every time he plays, 1 heart will be deducted.
- One heart (Increase Amount) will be newly added every 1440 minutes (Refresh Time).
7. If the campaign has been published, after updating, please do select the “Save Changes” button on the top right to apply your changes to the campaign.
For more detail about how to customize the campaign furthermore after publishing, please check this article.