How to distribute a campaign on Instagram?
Once you have published your campaign, a unique campaign URL is generated for your campaign so that everyone can access the campaign using this URL.
With this campaign URL, you can distribute it on Instagram by using the methods below:
Method 1. Use Instagram swipe-up feature
Instagram swipe-up feature allows you to attach a link to your posts on the Instagram story.
When there is a link attached, your Story viewer can swipe up on the bottom of the screen to go there.
E.g. A sample Instagram Story post with an attached link will look like below, when the user swipes up in the post, it will open the link.
But, please note that to have this feature enabled, you have to:
- Have an Instagram Business Account or Instagram Creator Account.
- Have more than 10,000 followers.
- or be a verified account on Instagram.
If you meet above conditions, you can add the campaign URL to your Instagram story by following the steps below:
1. Take a video or photo for your Instagram Story post.
Note: it’s better to include a text/image that guides the user to swipe up.
E.g. Use a game screenshot with text “Swipe up to play”.
2. In the Instagram app, select the “+” button to create a new story post.
3. Select the video/image which you have prepared in the above step.
4. In the next step, select the link icon (or chain icon) at the top of the screen.
5. Add the campaign URL in the “Swipe Up Link” section.
4. Share this post to your Instagram story.
5. When your users see this story post, they can swipe up to go to the campaign URL.
Method 2. Use Instagram bio
You can also add the campaign URL to your Instagram bio and make it visible to users by following the steps below:
1. Add the campaign URL in your Instagram bio.
2. Take a video or photo for your Instagram Story post.
Note: it’s better to include a text/image that guides the user to to visit your Instagram bio.
E.g. Use a game screenshot with text “Detail at @myid”.
3. Tag yourself in that text/image position.
4. Share this post to your Instagram.
5. When your users see this post, they can tap the post to see the tag and select the tag to go to your Instagram bio, then they can view and select the campaign URL there.